Monday, August 11, 2014

Wall art

Hey guys,

It has been a real busy week around here, and I figured I would catchup and writings something this weekend, but it was also a busy weekend and here was are Monday AGAIN. This will be a quick post, but a great one.

If you following my interior design style, you know I am a neutral wall person with art/decor/furniture as statements factors. I love this for so many reasons, if you stay neutral with your walls you wont get sick of it in a few months. I change my personal house around just about every 4-6 months (depends on how busy I find myself). If I had crazy colors I swear I would be painting my house quarterly (sad I know lol). Rather than repaint, I just redecorate and TRUST ME my house looks new all over again, people always say "you must spend soooo much money of new decor each time you change your house up", and the truth is I really don't. I just change 1 wall, or take things that I had in my bedroom, and bring them into other areas in my home. As humans when we expect something to look the same, and they end up looking a little different we thing EVERYTHING is different.

With all that said, my design remix tip...
1. Buy pieces that you can transition from one room in your home into another room in your home when you are sick of its current place.
     example: do not buy artwork for your bathroom with pictures that hint its a bathroom (words or pictures of tubs, toilets, showers). Chances are your guests know they are in your bathroom already, so they do not need to be reminded lol. Instead by basic picture or shelve or whatever you would like, and when buying it think "can I use this in my bedroom or entryway if I want to switch in 6 months?". If answer is yes, BUY it, if answer is NO, reconsider.

2. If you are in love with a patter or color this season, buy it the form of decor rather than spending the money, and time to paint your walls that color or patter. Its so much easier and cheaper to change towels with grey and white chevron print than it is your walls :0 ) (thank me later).

Here is a picture of a white wall with art right on it. Its a small wall in an entryway, so your entryway has the wow factor, while its in a small area, when you are over the look its nothing it paint it over real quick.


Side note: follow us on instagram - instagram.com/mydistinctivedesign

Enjoy!!

Shas

xoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment