Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My first post (this should be fun)

Hello fabulous decor lovers,

So yes, yes, yes this us my FIRST blog, I know, I know!!!! But I promise to make this fun. I want to be different from other decor and interior design/decor blogs. I want to talk about everything from my love of everything interior design and decor, how to balance building a small business and making sure your home still runs "normal",  all the way to some tips on dealing with clients who want to take your job as "designer", when they hired you to handle that (yes, this does really happen), 

But before I get into all that stuff I want to give you a little background on me.....

My name is Shastine, I own My Distinctive Design based out of, the amazing, Windermere, FL (short drive from downtown Orlando). Before anything in this world I am a child of God, I am a mother, daughter and a sister. And I am so blessed to be everyone of those. I love The Lord and I am so blessed to even see another day. I love everything about family, even the little ups and down we deal with, with one another. I have always loved everything about interior decorating. I was 10 redecorating my room, and since my mother did not allow me to redecorate, I would redecorate my grandparents home. Bless them for not going crazy downstairs while I rearrange their whole upstairs. I was born in Fall River, MA (about an hour from Boston), and moved to Orlando, FL in 2001. GOOOOOOO PATRIOTS!! I am so proud to be Portuguese. You will see that my design concept is different, and I credit my culture for that. I also enjoy traveling, I love to experience different cultures and see how different we, as Americans really are. 

I think that really gives you a little idea of ME... Although you will most defiantly see a lot more of what I am in my blog. I think this is a good start, I would hate to be a bore. 

I really hope you enjoy my cool posts, pictures, ideas, and everything else I share. I would love feedback on the blog, just keep it clean! 

Until next post

Shastine


PS here is a face to the blog :0)


No comments:

Post a Comment